Monday, November 15, 2010

Laura Crote

                                                 “Community Heroes” 


                                          
What type of work do people do in our community? Well I’m going to tell you about what they do. In my Topics in Leadership Development class, I interviewed Laura Crote on what she does for the community. She said professionally she is an actress who works in theater production, radio, voice-overs and also performing in different setting like cultural celebrations such as holidays.

When Laura is not working in the community she said, “I am spending time with my family but mostly my son and painting.” I asked Laura if she enjoys her work that she does for the community. In her way, she explained that her work has a meaning when she’s a part of this job. Sometimes when she goes to theater professionally, she might feel as if she is doing a 9 to 5 job.

  Laura started to talk about when she first got started in community work. “I started getting involved in this job when I was very young. In México they had clubs and they had to clean parks and also help people like senior citizens. “The most challenging parts about what she does is trying to survive off the same thing she enjoys. What she does for the community by working in groups is difficult because they have different opinions and personalities and it’s hard to manage. 

 Laura said a hero to her “has to do with you opening up your own mind and your heart to see your own needs and your own vision.” I asked Laura if she has any heroes. She said, “I have heroes that are from the artistic world and the people in the political world.” What made her consider them as heroes is because they overcame whatever people in the world had to say about them.
Laura told me her accomplishments were, “As a mother to keep supporting my son so that he would become a good person for our community and to be a person that can develop talent but also respect others and their opinions and talents.”   

Written By: Dannielle Eiland

No comments:

Post a Comment